Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Amnesia: Fun for the Whole Family

So just recently, I purchased Amnesia. Now, I have played and watched others play this game, and I just had the urge to buy the new game. So today, I thought it would be a good idea to simply review the game it's self, before I start to post about Custom Stories and such. Now, this game runs for $19.99 USD, and to be honest, that's a fairly good price. That $20 gets you a in-depth main story, and a Justine DLC, along with Amnesia: Remember. I bought this game off of Steam, so I'm not sure if Remember is bundled with the retail version. Along with a huge, twisted, plot-filled story-line and a Portal-type DLC, it comes with the option of installing thousands of Custom Stories, which are maps and complete stories made by other people. It DOES take some work to install the bigger custom stories, but nothing too advanced. The whole theme of the game is just spectacular. The atmosphere helps build the tension, and those unique scares that just keep you on your seat is what makes this game amazing. The main story-line is filled with jump-scares, as well as those slow-scares that just make you look away because it's too much tension. I have had some of these moments, where a demon was so close to me, then he turned away. Moments like that get me. And this game gives you that countless times. Some Custom Stories also use Amnesia in creative ways, so for $20, you're getting thousands of maps. It seems like a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Price: $20 USD
Rating: 9/10
Replay Value: High

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no swearing, rudeness, or other stuff you think could be offensive. Like seriously, use your own judgment